Re: gEDA-user: Clearing vias (Was: Last code sprint's IRC log and pictures)

On Monday 20 August 2007 09:32, Christoph Lechner wrote:

> > I knew some packages used this technique of rasterizing with tracks to
> > form polygons, but I wasn't aware they made it this obvious to the user.
> > I guess setting the track width defines the end radius and size of
> > feature it will add though.
> Exactly. If you draw a track in Protel, its ends are "rounded"; it adds
> a filled circle with diameter=track width to the end points

Which has the really annoying effect of giving you a rounded end
poking out of a pad when you enter the pad from the other side.
Sometimes resulting in DRC errors.

Protel/DXP snaps to the center point of the pad, and the rounded end doesn't
always end where the pad does and gets close to the next
pad of a device.

> You can move things around as you like. Then once you need the polygon
> rebuild, you double click the polygon plane and a dialogue pops up,
> showing the parameters used when you first created that fill. Then you
> click OK and it recomputes the plane. The baseline is that it isn't done
> automagically at all, you have to do it as you want/need.

Because it is slow and crash prone in my experience with it.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/