Re: gEDA-user: C++ (was Re: interesting links)

On 8/30/07, Randall Nortman <geda-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It was right around 1999/2000 (when I was also enthralled with CORBA
> and all the wonderful things it was going to do for the world) that I
> finally got seriously fed up with C++.  It is a complex, non-sensical,

You and I have seem to have a similar history here.  I read like 7
books cover to cover and became an "expert" on C++.  I guess I took a
little longer than you to get fed up with it, though.

My C++ usage really came to an end when I started using Ruby.  SOOO
much easier and more consistent.  User friendly.  Now, I use Ruby for
everything, except GUIs, where I use Java.  For school, I'm using Ruby
for genetic algorithms.  When I desperately need performance, I write
a C extension for Ruby.

I'm no longer obsessed with maximizing performance of the machine.
Now, I want to maximize my performance as a programmer.

--
Timothy Normand Miller
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~millerti