Re: gEDA-user: sot23 diode symbol

I've always handled this by making the symbol and footprint match.  In other words - you need a 3-pin symbol to match your 3-pin footprint.  There is a "NC" gschem symbol in the library for this purpose.  You do have to be careful of how gnetlist handles the "NC" net.  It should not appear in the netlist given to PCB.

Joe T