Re: gEDA-user: PCB gerber export issues with fabhouse

Thanks to everyone who gave me input on this.  I've been debugging my custom foot prints and realized that this was an issue with a 0 size mask and clearance field in one of my custom footprint files .  Now gerbv is not putting out any errors and I noticed that when PCB is run in console and export is done it will output errors to the console which was very useful to narrowing the problem down to a specific footprint that was causing the problem.

Again, thanks!

Idan

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 4:04 AM, Stuart Brorson <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all, I'm having a problem with a the frontmask gerber file.  The
> fabhouse put a hold on the order as there was according to them a problem
> with an undefined D code in the top-soldermask.  When I looked at this in
> gerbv I noticed a similar error : this:
>
> Errors found in Gerber file(s):
> Layer 5: ERROR:  Found aperture out of bounds while parsing G code: 0

As somebody else noted, you probably have a spurious D00 code in your
Gerber file.  Older versions of PCB would emit this code if you
created a circle (hole or via) with 0 diameter.  Here's a discussion
about this on Sparkfun:

http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?p=44189

More recent versions of PCB have fixed this problem.

I don't know if you created a 0 diameter circle, or if there is a
different problem with your board.  Please post your .pcb file and DJ
and the gang can look to see what you did which generates the D00
code.

Meanwhile, your best bet is to fix the problem in the .pcb file,
regenerate Gerbers, and resubmit to your fab house.

By the way, the latest version of Gerbv (version 2.1, due out any day
now) has a specific check and report for the D00 bug.  Perhaps you
could also post your silk layer Gerber?  I'd like to test it in the
newest gerbv.

Cheers,

Stuart

Idan