Re: gEDA-user: home-made pcb

What type of paper do you print on?  Is it necessary to use a laser printer or can I use an inkjet photo-printer?  Can I use an iron instead of a laminator?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:50 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What gerber files do I have print to make a home-made card?  Is
> there a tutorial somewhere?

Depending on how you make them, you either want postscript or PNG
exports from PCB.  I use postscript for TT because my laser printer
knows postscript, and PNG for photofilm because the inkjet gets its
prints from the Gimp.

In general, you want the top and bottom copper prints, and maybe the
two silkscreens.  The FAB drawing helps with manual drilling.  If you
make your own paste stencil, you need the paste layer too.