Re: gEDA-user: home-made pcb

> What type of paper do you print on?  Is it necessary to use a laser
> printer
> or can I use an inkjet photo-printer?  Can I use an iron instead of a
> laminator?

There are different processes.  You need to do a little research and see
which one you want to take on.  The laser printer toner process has a
strong following and gives decent results if you're patient.

I've done laser-printer toner transfers using injet paper (with 'clay'
surface).  You print the stuff backwards and iron it onto bare copper clad
boards.  After ironing soak the boards in warm water to get the paper to
partially dissolve and abandon the toner on the surface.  Then etch in
ammonium persulfate.  I found it to be not so easy and seemed to always
have to hand paint resist.  A hot etch bath and agitation with a small
paintbrush or cotton swab makes the etch go faster and more predictably.

phil