Re: gEDA-user: home-made pcb

> What type of paper do you print on?  Is it necessary to use a laser
> printer or can I use an inkjet photo-printer?  Can I use an iron
> instead of a laminator?

I use specially coated paper and a laser printer (inkjet won't work,
it's the toner itself that's the mask), but you can use certain types
of glossy paper, even from magazines.  For more information on TT see:

     http://www.pulsarprofx.com/PCB/a_Pages/1_Menu/overview.html

You can also get "press-n-peel blue" paper, which combines the toner
transfer and sealant in a single step.

For photofilm you really need an inkjet; toner isn't uv-opaque enough
to make a good mask.  I use an Epson R280 with coated transparencies
from Jetstar.  The coating makes the ink dry immediately, avoiding
smears and puddling.

You can use an iron, but you have to experiment and practice more to
get consistent results.  Check out the Homebrew_PCBs Yahoo! group for
details; they cover that stuff pretty extensively.