     From: John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Subject: Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg
     Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 11:28 PM

   Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
   > key sentence:
   >
   >> gEDA is friendly to everything BUT Windows, and is nowhere near as
   >> refined as OrCad.
   >
   > So gEDA kind of anti-hit slash dot. The discussion is about
   everything
   > except geda.
   Oh, he may just be asking for just what DJ said, a windows, Mac, Linux
   EDA toolset.
   One cross-platform toolset to make his academic life easier....
   from
   [1]http://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/08/01/2114210/Cheap-Cross-Platfor
   m-Electronic-Circuit-Simulation-Software?from=rss
   "Cheap, Cross-Platform Electronic Circuit Simulation Software?
   "students increasingly are switching to
   Mac (and some Linux netbooks). Wine and its variants will not run
   OrCad, and I don't wish to require students to purchase Windows and
   run with a VM. The only production-quality cross-platform CAD tool I
   have found so far"
   Sounds slightly encouraging to me.
   John