Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> key sentence:
>
>> gEDA is friendly to everything BUT Windows, and is nowhere near as
>> refined as OrCad.
>
> So gEDA kind of anti-hit slash dot. The discussion is about everything
> except geda.

Oh, he may just be asking for just what DJ said, a windows, Mac, Linux EDA toolset.
One cross-platform toolset to make his academic life easier...

from  http://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/08/01/2114210/Cheap-Cross-Platform-Electronic-Circuit-Simulation-Software?from=rss

"Cheap, Cross-Platform Electronic Circuit Simulation Software?

"students increasingly are switching to
Mac (and some Linux netbooks). Wine and its variants will not run
OrCad, and I don't wish to require students to purchase Windows and
run with a VM. The only production-quality cross-platform CAD tool I
have found so far"

Sounds slightly encouraging to me.

John