Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg (why live CD wouldn't work)

igor2 wrote:

> Conclusion: I think a pure live CD won't help much. Something that
> "integrates" better in the windows environment, and where integration is
> not possible, something that looks and acts exactly the same way (even if
> that's stupid and slow) is necessary to convience majority of windows
> users to even consider gEDA.

> My personal opinion is that different software should do different
> things. Having 10 different cads looking exactly the same, doing exactly
> the same things is not very useful. I think gEDA's place is not on the
> windows desktop, doesn't matter how hard we push, it's not a windows
> application.

Oh, I can see having gEDA components "window integrated" to get more users
involved and further open tools without losing the toolkit functions
of the components.  It just takes some consistent vision on the core requirements.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX