Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

Josh Jordan wrote:
>    What a doofus.  You can get any free-trial/limited

>    > key sentence:
>    >
>    >> gEDA is friendly to everything BUT Windows, and is nowhere near as
>    >> refined as OrCad.

Why call the original poster of this thread a doofus for wanting
his students to go beyond limits with a tool they can use indefinitely?
Such methods allow free hardware, and student-powered-free-hardware
is a real boon if you ask me.

The gEDA tools are getting close to being useful even to a grade
conscious, hurried grad student aimed at a corporate job.  I noticed
an article we should all read about the Orcad developers and their user interface,
and it wouldn't hurt if we all ran a limited Orcad version so we could
see it in action.  http://www.edn.com/article/CA6666236.html?text=improving+on+pcb+design

But when it gets down to really making a difference in the world a
classroom exercise followed by never affording your own tools and
only developing circuits or products for your employing
corporation is not enough.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX