Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

Bob Paddock wrote:

> might have a version that can be downloaded.

http://www.edn.com/contents/images/6666236.pdf

is a pdf of the article, "Improving on
PCB design", I think any current or prospective
gEDA developers should read about OrCad's origins.
Some of their design might be patented, but I bet there's
lots of 17 year old or unpatentable stuff we
could do well to model.

Has advice by Chuck Grant like:

"One of the things I teach in my classes
is: Never write code until you’ve found
three ways of doing it. A lot of people
[take] the first [approach] they think
of. Chances are, it’s the wrong way or
a less-than-perfect way. So you want to
find three approaches to the problem,
analyze all three of them, and then pick
the best. People just don’t do that. They
just don’t take the extra time to do that
extra step."

John Griessen