Re: gEDA-user: PCB antenna - short circuit

On Aug 3, 2009, at 1:37 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> On Monday 03 August 2009 20:31:45 Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:47:32 -0500, John Griessen wrote:
>>> To let gsch2pcb run and update an open instance of PCB would be a
>>> nice
>>> feature...
>>
>> Like xgsch2pcb does?
>
> Shh, kmk, it's got a *GUI* and uses *IPC*.

And what's wrong with a GUI *here*? You can't script this, and an
interactive user is necessarily in a graphical pcb world to which
xgsch2pcb is married anyway.

IPC is often a good thing. Clean interfaces, compartmentalization,
parallelism. I've been using asynchronous OO for 35 years: longer
than it's had a name and been recognized as a separate kind of
programming (but no, I didn't invent it).

> You'll scare him away with talk of
> such advanced wizardry!

Scheme seems to be the chief scarecrow here. Make gets some attention
too.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx