Re: gEDA-user: Progress with unified build

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:48:41 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> In RPM-land (fedora, mandriva, RHEL) you have one monolithic source tree
> that builds multiple binary packages.  So the user can still choose
> which parts to install,

It's the same in deb-land (debian, ubuntu, xandros, sidux, mepis ...)
This feature is mostly used to split out bulky documentation.

> but the maintainer's job is easier.

I guess, the maintainer cares more about how fuzzy an application with
regard of the exact version of dependencies.

---<(kaimartin)<---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: