Re: gEDA-user: Progress with unified build

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 16:09:52 +0200, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 09:10 -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>> total:  18.8 Mb
>>

> For most of us with fast internet access this is very small, but we
> should in general case not forget that there exist people on earth with
> slow, instable connection in third world countries. I can remember  at
> least one message from south africa to this list about one year ago. But
> of course 18.8 Mb is not really much, and I think most people in third
> world will not be concerned with electronics.

Interestingly:

[pb00084@ssclt003 ~]$ git clone git://git.gpleda.org/gaf.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/its/p3/pb00084/gaf/.git/
Receiving objects: 100% (63338/63338), 17.45 MiB | 235 KiB/s, done.

It seems that the entire version control history of gEDA so far is smaller
than the resulting built package. ;-)  Maybe people in the third world
should just Use the Source, if they're short of bandwidth!

Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group