Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steven Michalske wrote:
> > A makefile include that included common rules would go a long way with
> > making makefiles easier.
> >
> > include /usr/share/gEDA/gEDA.mk
>
> I've toyed with this idea.  See latex-mk.sf.net.  While not all
> encompassing, it has proven to be extremely useful to me.  I don't even
> consider any latex document, no matter how simple, without latex-mk.  Of
> course I'm biased ;)

Indeed, latex-mk was the inspiration for one difference between Levente's
original pskel and my version of it: my top-level makefiles only have
variable declarations and include statements.

Here is a sample usage, along with the scripts and makefiles:

   http://web.gps.caltech.edu/~blavier/herc-current-monitor.tar.bz2

After unpacking the file, simply do:

  cd herc-current-monitor
  make

This will build the documentation files and the gerbers.

A more extensive
  make html
creates a web page and the zip file for upload to the fabrication house.

During development
  make update_pcb
updates the pcb file for schematics changes (or creates the pcb file from
a template on first instance).

This is all rather minimal, and I'm sure it can be improved.  Works for
me, though.  (And again thanks to Levente for the original version.)

Including something like this with the geda distribution seems like a
good idea  :-)

Cheers,

Jean-Francois