Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:42 AM, John Doty<jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We're not a programming team implementing what Marketing wants. We're
> a bunch of computer-savvy users implementing what we intend to use.
> That's our strength. That's why gEDA is different. That's why gEDA is
> a sharp toolkit for the computer-savvy.

So is this why my simple bsearch patch for hid's hasn't been
incorporated in 3 months? I have to apply it every time I do a pull
from pcb git so that it doesn't segfault.  I'm sorry, but the tone as
of late on the mailing list has been "our way or the highway", at
least from what I've read and encountered on the mailing list.  Heck
I've been afraid to post using gMail for fear of getting kicked from
the mailing list because of double posting or posting in RTF.  Frankly
if you can't see the current problems within the geda community that's
ashame, because it's a reflection of the product too and why thing's
haven't advanced.  The code base needs some serious refactoring to
advance and you need a programming team to do that work, not users,
however savvy they are.  I thought when I converted the gaf source
from using noweb it would open up a whole new opportunity for actual
software developers to start contributing, and I now regret the time I
lost doing it.