Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

Jason Childs wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:42 AM, John Doty<jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> We're not a programming team implementing what Marketing wants. We're
>> a bunch of computer-savvy users implementing what we intend to use.
>> That's our strength. That's why gEDA is different. That's why gEDA is
>> a sharp toolkit for the computer-savvy.
>
> So is this why my simple bsearch patch for hid's hasn't been
> incorporated in 3 months? I have to apply it every time I do a pull
> from pcb git so that it doesn't segfault.  I'm sorry, but the tone as

speaking for myself, I'm barely keeping my head above water with my
other commitments in life.  I would love to have a few weeks to go
through all the patches and bugs in the pcb bug and patch databases and
deal with them, but for the time being I just don't.

> however savvy they are.  I thought when I converted the gaf source
> from using noweb it would open up a whole new opportunity for actual
> software developers to start contributing, and I now regret the time I
> lost doing it.

I for one appreciate that work and I'm sure those behind the many many
many commits since that conversion do too.

-Dan