Re: gEDA-user: PC/104 footprint problems

> In Gschem I have used the standard PC104 symbols (PC104bus -> pc104A-1.sym
> pc104A-2.sym) which are in the schematics as J1 and J2.
>
> If I assign the pc104 footprint to both symbols in the schematics then I get
> two footprints in the PCB file, as you would expect but none of the nets are
> attached to it.

To have two symbols with one footprint, the two symbols must have the
same *refdes*.  That's the key by which symbols are merged.  The two
symbols should not have overlapping pin numbers, though.

Also, beware - don't end your refdes with a lower case letter.  PCB
ignores those (it thinks they're slot id's).