Re: gEDA-user: Turning off gerber Poly Fill for square pads

> I am referring to trace isolation programs. These allow you
> to route your board out on a CNC machine run by the likes
> of EMC for Linux. Gnu CAM (GCAM) for Linux, and CopperCAM
> (for money program) for windoze.

Understood.  Still...

> But I need my board now and thought maybe we had a user level flag
> to change the mode of square pins readily available.

The fastest fix is a perl script which shuts off the "square" flag for
all pins and pads :-)

> I have no problem jumping back into the PCB source code. It has only
> been 10 years since I was involved with PCB.. the legacy days.

Welcome back :-)

I think flashing square pins and SMT pads would be useful overall,
though.  I suspect programs like GCPreview assume "flash" means "pad"
and "stroke" means "trace" - even though we stroke all our round-end
pads.

Flashing thermal reliefs would be another useful feature, although we
do thermals as polygon intersections to avoid some weird interactions.
I don't know if we can flash thermals and still get the clean polygon
results we want.  http://www.delorie.com/pcb/half-thermal.png