gEDA-user: Moving components around the layout

Hi,
I am working on the board layout with 25 sets of component inductors and
capacitors, to make all the same I am using the help of grid. To
optimize the space I made small change on the grid spacing and now I
need to move the part a small amount of that small amount, but picking
the part most of time doesn't Work I need to keeping on try for many
times some of them I had to giver up and reload the part from buffer
What am I doing wrong? Please help
Vinny