Re: gEDA-user: New icon set and UI changes

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 14:58 -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> > Please note, our long term goal is to have not 4 route styles, but
> > styles associated with layers, so we select layer17 and have 4 mil
> > traces, with 6 mil clearance, and 75 Ohm impedance for layer2...
> >

> I haven't heard this before. How would it work when exporting layers
> as Gerber files?

Sorry, my explanation may be not clear.
Not related to gerber export. Currently, we may change the layer, and
have to change route style at the same time, i.e. signal layer at layer
1, power supply with width traces at layer 2. If route style is bound to
layers, we only select other layer, and route styles change at the same
time. This was discussed on this list, but of course there is some
coding effort needed to change all this...

Best regards

Stefan Salewski