Re: gEDA-user: New icon set and UI changes

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 14:58 -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> No, the text is part of the images, like the current icons. What I will
> probably do is remove the text entirely, shrink the icons to 32x32 (since
> with the text, they are mostly blank space anyway), and rely on tooltips
> to display what each tool is.

Text is really fine for beginners and for people which do not use that
software often -- tooltipps may be fine for remembering, but not so fine
for learning.

Firefox has icons for which we can switch text on and of, and we can
select big and small icons, and text only mode.

Some Gnome program have similar functionality, including removing
undesired icons from the icon panel.

That is fine, but needs some coding effort.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski