Re: gEDA-user: New icon set and UI changes

Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 10:27 +0200, Armin Faltl wrote:
>

> > I'd like to have more route styles, but linking them to the layers
> > doesn't make much sense
> > for me.
> >

> See this thread, there was a fine proposal from Peter C. and others:
>
> http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Oct-2008/msg00199.html

I found that thread, but I'm concerned that having "virtual layers"
would be confusing to beginners and could get in the way of people
just trying to hammer out a quick single- or dual-layer board. (For
example, adding a LM317 to a cheap wall charger.)

What do you think about setting route-styles on a per-layer basis.
I have drawn a picture of what I mean:
http://img96.imageshack.us/i/layersw1.png/

It is not to scale and I'm not sure how much more information we
can fit into the sidebar space, but I hope to also indicate the
line and/or via width beside each route style.

Andrew