Re: gEDA-user: wishful UI

----- Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 17:19 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>

> > Maybe your grouping concept should occur in an early stage in gschem?
> >

> In this way it would be similar to my desire:
> My goal is to have the option to define net "classes" in gschem, for
> example "at least 10 mil with traces" for +5V power nets, or at least 25
> mil clearance for high voltage signals, or differential pairs of defined
> impedance for high speed signals...

+1

But I think this is a separate idea from my proposal, and the two could
work well together: when editing DRC rules for a group, it would also
allow you to view any custom DRC rules for nets visible in the group,
and allow you to edit those.

What the groups do for you is reduce clutter, basically. In the power
supply group you'd have power supply nets, and you could see all those
DRC rules (and more easily compare them) without having DRC rules for
communication in your way.

Andrew