Re: gEDA-user: gschem : Move popupmenu to GtkUIManager

Camille Delbegue wrote:

> I write a patch to migrate the pop-up-menu from GtkItemFactory (witch is
> deprecated since Gtk 2.4) to GtkUIManager.
>
> Why don't use GtkUIManager and GtkAction to manage the menubar toolbar and
> accelerator. This permit to use CheckMenuItem (ex : to active rubber-band
> and magnetic net) and RadioMenuItem (ex : to select colour theme) in the
> menu.

I'd love to see this in gschem. The current toggle items without a visible
hint on their state are a big minus on the usability scale.

The patch applied without error to the my local copy of geda source from
gpleda.org. It compiled straight through, too. But I can't seem to see
check-boxes in the menus. Do I have to modify the menu in system-gschemrc
for this to work?

Did any of the developers look at the code?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: