Re: gEDA-user: [OT] Fluorescent tube help

John Griessen wrote:

> If you can get the same bulbs and it's not expensive, run them and maybe
> they burn out
> and who cares, as long as you have some good insulation protection from
> the HV.

I guess so, it's just, well... I'd like to _know_. :)

> You could try DJ's UV LED methods and skip the hassle and danger?
> http://www.delorie.com/pcb/uvled/

It's an idea for the future, but to be honest making my own isn't the
goal right now, particularly as the box I have works -- I just don't
know if it's working as well as it should.

> Long tubes are a bad shape for exposing photomask anyway.
> A point source gives better edges.  Maybe your old setup was for erasing
> ROMS?

No, it's definitely an exposure box -- an old RS 555-279.  All the
exposure boxes I've seen for sale have used tubes.

Chris
--
Chris Smith <cjs94@xxxxxxxxxx>