Re: gEDA-user: Commercial CAD, land pattern generators report

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 00:23:10 +0200, Armin Faltl <armin.faltl@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to contribute or give away what I want to and keep
> my own what I want to keep and if this is not possible with a
> GPL-license on my own library liked to my own app, I just won't use GPL!"

If you want to distribute non-Free software that uses Free software
components, I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.  You want to have your
cake (use high-quality libraries for which you get source code and don't
have to pay a penny to distribute as part of your software) and eat it too
(not have to comply with the request that you make your software Free as
well).

Why are you surprised that you can't use Free software to write non-Free
software?  The *whole point* of the GPL is to not only preserve but expand
the Free software ecosystem.  Have you been asleep for the last 20 years?

Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group