Re: gEDA-user: pcb keyboard shortcuts (and usability in general)

----- Armin Faltl <armin.faltl@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Andrew Poelstra wrote:
> > I wanted to copy the GIMP: show icons for visibility/locking as part of
> > the list item, that can be toggled independently of visibility. Right-
> > clicking should pop up a full context menu for creating/editing/deleting
> > layers, geometric transforms, duplicating, etc.
> >
> > As for buried vias, I don't think they should be related to the layer
> > selector at all.
> >
> I don't like the layer menu of GIMP - it's detached, so I always have to
> fetch it from below
> 5 other things before I can use it. If you don't detach it, it's still
> very wide. I just don't
> like it.

There's no good reason for it to be wide - they just like to have giant
clickable areas, presumably for usability's sake. Why, then, did they
detach it..? I dunno.

We could fit the same functionality into the same space as the current
layer switcher. (Or, if we used more vertical space below the layer name,
we could also add trace/via width info alongside the visibility button.)

Andrew