Re: gEDA-user: Multiple pages

Oliver King-Smith wrote:

> I have schematic on one page where I have connected the power to VCC and
> GND symbols.  I have connected the non power inputs and outputs to
> Input/Output Generic symbols.
>
> So imagine I want to just hook this page up to some spice primitives to
> test out the circuit.  What is the best way of doing this.  Should I
> convert this page to a symbol, or should I just have another page refer to
> it?

Don't know about spice, since I tend to do simulation with ltspice.
I'll tell you how I deliver power nets on my multi page schematics
anyway :-)

> How do people handle this with gschem?  Whats the easiest way to reuse
> this page over the long term?  What is the fastest way to use it in the
> short term?

I explicitly deliver power nets through subsheet symbols. I put attach
them to the bottom of the subsheet symbol. So thesy are visually separated
from the input and output signals.

See my subsheet symbol template on gedasymbols.org
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/symbols/titleblock/subsheet.sym
For a new subsheet I just rename pins and remove the rest.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: