gEDA-user: Simple PCB Question

Hi all,

It's been a while since I used PCB, but I can't remember one think that does not
seem to be in the documentation as far as I can tell.
I have a completed layout I would like to make a simple modification to, in one
area of GND trace I would like to turn it into a polygon for thermal reasons.

So I want basically to set the net of the polygon and have it connect to the
trace that is there (no clearance needed since they should be the same net).  Is
there a way to do this?  I have attached a screencap (the highlighted area in
yellow is the ploygon and the trace that wraps around most of it is the trace I
want to connect to the polygon.

Note that I am running the PCB compiled from the git repo last Friday.

Thanks for your time & Best regards,

--Neil.