Re: gEDA-user: Anybody ever had a board assembled (pick and place)?

resend because my mailer suddenly decided to send my half-written email: sorry.

Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Anybody ever had a board assembled (pick and place)?

I second Advanced Assembly if you're located in the US.
Provisos: if you're supplying parts you need to have *all* the parts, in the correct footprints, and it helps if you label the parts. They'll load from bags (individually) or from reels and are quite flexible: they'd be glad to supply all the passives from their reels and you just send the actives, or they'd be glad to source everything. Once they start, they're usually done within a couple days at the most. Sometimes getting to that starting point is difficult because of remotely synchronizing parts lists.

But no assembly place I've dealt with (and there have been several) has been anything like cheap.