Re: gEDA-user: Option to not display polygons

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 02:33:56 +0200
Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Colin D Bennett wrote:
>
> > Only, I don't the functionality
> > is quite hooked up to the Control-click yet... it still seems to
> > toggle the entire group when I tried it.
>
> For some reason I don't quite understand, only two of the three
> modified files made it into the patch. This was the change in
> gui-top-window.c where my brave new function to toggle just one layer
> would be called. Don't know, how this could happen.
>
> Anyway, I attached a new version of the patch that contains diffs of
> all three files. So it should be working now.

Seems to work great!  Thanks for implementing this.

> The source in misc.c is commented in a nice way. This made it a easy
> to comprehend and modify. I wouldn't say the same about
> gui-top-window.c .
>
> And yet another side note: My original patch took 41 hours until it
> passed moderation. See the footer of my mail for my feelings on this.

Ack.  I understand the desire to prevent spam to the list, but regular
participants in the gEDA community shouldn't be punished
unnecessarily.  Especially when they are contributing so much!  In this
case, you scrambled to implement my request for a feature, finishing it
in only a few hours!  Then it waited--unnecessarily--for nearly two
days before it could be shared with the world.

Regards,
Colin