Re: gEDA-user: Wireless comms options

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 12:57:28 -0500
John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/02/11 03:44, Chris Smith wrote:
> > I'm developing
> > an application that needs to send a stream of data from one device
> > to another, but I don't have much experience with wireless
>
> Not so sure about the data rate...  what does the above
> translate to in serial data bits per second?  800x600x24  all x 30fps?
>
> that's 345 Mega bits/sec!  Can you compress it and then expand at
> other end with your hardware?

He said H.264 which is significantly compressed, or composite video,
which would probably be an analog signal.

For H.264, you could possibly use 802.11g.  The possibilities really
depend on other system constraints.  What are the sending and receiving
devices?  FPGA?  DSP?  Computer with Linux?  Embedded Linux?

Regards,
Colin