Re: gEDA-user: Wireless comms options

Hi,

On 02/08/2011 19:49, Colin D Bennett wrote:

> He said H.264 which is significantly compressed, or composite video,
> which would probably be an analog signal.
>
> For H.264, you could possibly use 802.11g.  The possibilities really
> depend on other system constraints.  What are the sending and receiving
> devices?  FPGA?  DSP?  Computer with Linux?  Embedded Linux?

The requirements have firmed up now: there is only the need to transmit
video to a receiver -- no digital data, no duplex comms.  The sender is
an embedded Linux device, which can output either composite or component
(YPrPb) video; I'm guessing that composite will be easier to work with?

Google shows that there are plenty of video sender products out there,
most of which seem to operate at 1.7-1.9GHz or 2.4GHz.  I just need to
work out how to create my own.  Ideally, I'd like to use an
off-the-shelf transmitter/receiver module, so I'll start my search there.

Chris
--
Chris Smith <cjs94@xxxxxxxxxx>