Re: gEDA-user: Linux Desktop für gEDA

On 8/5/11 3:35 PM, yamazakir2 wrote:
Do you guys use your linux box for general desktop usage or only EDA?
I ask because I have tried many times to make the switch to linux for
general desktop usage but can't get over the inconvenience of it. I
have a linux box specifically for EDA (gschem, pcb, spice simulations,
etc), so I couldn't care less what the WM is. It could be motif for
all I care.

I use UNIX derivatives exclusively for both desktop and server duty; Solaris, MacOS X, and Linux. I never made the switch TO Windows, because when I put it side-by-side with my UNIX workstation (a DECstation running Ultrix) it was just terrible, and it never seemed to get any better. I can easily say that "I could never get over the inconvenience of it". ;)

I certainly won't actually *depend* on Windows for anything, though I tend to enjoy it when people who do, and then pay me to clean up the resulting mess! ;)

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL