Re: gEDA-user: Constraint-based PCB footprint design

Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Do we have a list of all available generators? Would be useful to find
> the best one for a special type of footprint.

IMHO, generators that proved to be useful should be bundled with PCB. This
also applies to plug-ins. If this bothers the devs, a seperate goodie
package might be an option. But ultimately, proven goodies should make it
into the main tree. There is no point in keeping them on a distance.

The necessesity to search the web for add-ons that provide features that
improve usability and usefulness, is much worse than just an inconvenience.
It constitutes a barrier to newbies and creates the image of a patchy suite.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211