gEDA-user: Tag-Connect TC2030-MCP(NL) footprint, expert review

I've created gEDA/pcb footprints for the Tag-Connect
TC2030-MCP / TC2030-MCP-NL connectors.  The TC2030 family of cables
have a special connector using spring-pin (aka pogo-pin) contacts and
do not require any BOM part: the only requirement is proper SMT pad
layout with correct alignment holes.

Tag-Connect supplies a package with footprints for various EDA packages
such as Altium, EAGLE, OrCAD, PADS, and they advertise KiCAD support
soon.  I have created a gEDA pcb footprint package for the TC2030-MCP
and the -NL no-latch version.

If anyone could review my footprint design and demo board layout, I
would appreciate it.  I'll submit the footprints to Tag-Connect once
I'm confident they are good.

Here is the gEDA gschem+pcb project for the demo board, and the
resulting Gerbers showing the four footprint variants on one board.

Question:  Is there any standard special attribute that can be set on
the schematic symbol so that the part (e.g., J1) does not appear on a
BOM or parts list produced by gnetlist?  In this case, the footprint is
not designed to accept any installed part.  In other, common cases,
parts such as tuning capacitors, inductors, optional connectors or
pull-up resistors, etc. might be marked on a schematic as âno-loadâ or
âDNPâ (do not place).  How do you handle this in gEDA?

The version with the latch is more difficult to layout traces to
because there are lots of holes around the pads, but with 6/6 mil
trace/space rules it can certainly be done.

On another note, have any of you used spring-pin connectors for
programming/debug connectors to save space and BOM cost?  I have been
thinking about how I would design my own spring-pin programming
connector.

Regards,
Colin