Re: gEDA-user: PCB opengl?

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 22:19 +0200, michalwd1979 wrote:

> > Yes.
> > Since about two months
> > 	clone git://git.gpleda.org/pcb.git
> > will give you transparent tracks and polygons :-)
> >
> > BTW, when can we eyxpect an official release, so that openGL trickles
> > down to distro packages?
> >

> Thanks for reply.
> I've tried git://git.gpleda.org/pcb.git and compare it to http://repo.or.cz/w/geda-pcb/pcjc2.git (Peter Clifton's branch).
> The "main" version is a bit slower then Peter's (but I expect that this depends on PC), while Peter's has some problems with rendering silk screen on far side.

My branches still have many of speed-improvements (and rendering
algorithm changes) which are not yet in git HEAD. They need further
clean-up and QA before merging, and I'm hoping to get around to it when
I have some free time.

There is also the 3D board view stuff and "SpaceNavigator" 6-DOF
controller support, which has not made it to git HEAD.

> Normally components that are on the far side are drawn with grey colour,
> but now I can see only pins, SMD pads (drown as expected in grey) but no
> silk screen. The layout looks the same when I use TAB to flip the board or
> 3D "control window".
>
> I've tried to fix it modifying src/draw.c but no success, now far side is drawn on top :-).

If I can reproduce it, I'll try to get it fixed. I've not noticed it
myself, but then I probably haven't been working on boards which had
back-silk recently.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton