Re: gEDA-user: PCB option --minimum polygon area

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 07:18:02PM +0200, Felix Ruoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as said before, I am working on Kai-Martins patch for the
> command-line options.
> I am nearly ready with modifying his patch that it will fit to
> actual git head.
>
> I have a question to the option '--minimum polygon area': What is
> the unit of the value? Is this in square* (where * is mm, mil, ...)?
> How should one give the unit for this option?

I think it's in square base units. This can't be changed since
pcb doesn't know how to convert square units. This is the only
variable that would need such a thing.

Peter C. has hinted at getting rid of IsleArea entirely, but I
don't think there is any progress toward this goal. It is only
used in MorphPolygon.

> (And: why is this option without minus-sign (-) between the words?
> Is this on purpose?)

Looks like an accident. It might have been done to prevent people
using it.

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net