Re: gEDA-user: Commandline option --menu-file

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 06:22:48PM +0200, Felix Ruoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found a commandline option '--menu-file' in the sources (main.c)
> which seems to be broken. (The expected functionality is given with
> the option --pcb-menu).

Even this other option is untouched in lesstif, and in Gtk,
ignored if gpcb-menu.res or ~/.pcb/gpcb-menu.res.

> Do you think the same like me that this code can be removed?
> I appended two patches:
> 0055: Removes this commandline option
> 0056: Removes a variable from the SettingTypePtr which seems to be unused.
>
> Please give me some feedback, if I can check this patches in (or do
> it yourself) or if you see problems this patches introduce.

I agree with this. The Media variable isn't used, it should be gone.
Ditto for the --menu-file option. Honestly, we should probably get rid
of --pcb-menu as well, unless someone wants to put in the effort to:

  1. Unify lesstif/gtk handling of it.
  2. Make it take precedence over the hardcoded pcb-menu/gpcb-menu.res

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/