Re: gEDA-user: Nanometer conversion pushed to git head

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 18:34 -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:
> Exciting news everyone!
>
> I have just pushed the nanometer conversion patches to git HEAD.

I'm really glad to see this work merged. When I get a moment, I will
rebase my PCB+GL branches against it. (I might do it in a few gentle
steps, rather than all 56 commits at once - depending on how brave I
feel!).

I see a lot of people think this will help with (hiding) the "rotating a
square pad" bug. I'm still uneasy about that though.

We should perhaps make our next order of business fixing that properly.
I guess we should modify / extending the pad definition line to specify
an orientation, or allow specification of an overall rotation for a
package.

I have some ideas about how pad-stacks could be made more general
though, so a square pad (like many others) is just a special case of a
polygon - which can, of course.. be rotated arbitrarily, either at the
pad level, or on the component level.

> Please test and let me know how things are working. I have
> compiled all 56 commits (by script) to confirm that they can
> compile so "git bisect" will work.

That is really good. Perhaps you can lend me your script to run over my
PCB+GL stuff ;) I do manual compile tests for each commit before pushing
stuff to git HEAD, but don't always test everything after I rebase.

> I have done a few save/load tests. There does not appear to
> be any breaks in the file format.
>

> Thank you all for your support and testing as I have worked
> on this over the last month or two.

Your efforts are much appreciated. As soon as I get a chance, I'll try
running it on some real production board data to verify things look the
same.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton