Re: gEDA-user: Nanometer conversion pushed to git head

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 23:53:21 +0100
Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have some ideas about how pad-stacks could be made more general
> though, so a square pad (like many others) is just a special case of a
> polygon - which can, of course.. be rotated arbitrarily, either at the
> pad level, or on the component level.

+1

EVERY time I draw a new footprint, I spend half the time figuring out
where the âimaginaryâ line endpoint should lie.  In reality footprints
are defined by the actual edge of the pad, not by the endpoints of an
imaginary line W/2 units from the end of the pad (âendâ depending on
the dimension having greatest length...).

I'd really like to be able to SWIM: Say What I Mean.  Nobody actually
cares where these imaginary pad line endpoints are, but we are required
to specify them nonetheless.

Regards,
Colin