Re: gEDA-user: Nanometer conversion pushed to git head

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 23:11:13 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > EVERY time I draw a new footprint, I spend half the time figuring
> > out where the âimaginaryâ line endpoint should lie.
>
> I just use the rectangle tool.

Oh!  I forgot you can use the rectangle tool to make pads too.  That
could be very helpful.

I do 99% of my footprints in a text editor, however, since I can keep
the content clean and organized that way, with lots of comments, and I
can do easy, direct entry of coordinates (easy mainly except that I
have to convert to the imaginary-line-endpoint style of coordinates for
pads).

Regards,
Colin