Re: gEDA-user: Off topic: request for a little help

2011/8/17 Stephen Ecob <silicon.on.inspiration@xxxxxxxxx>:

> If you're willing to help then please check out the shop and let me
> know if there's anything amiss - would you consider buying the
> product, or is there something in the site that would deter you ?

From a perspective of Firefox user browsing with disabled JavaScript:

The main page is nearly empty (just menus) and seems to indicate
website is not complete?

Top menus do not work without JS enabled
Links on the bottom of the page work, but target of the link is not
visible to the user.

I believe you should also consider getting rid of the gray text in the
main content - first impression is that this text is unimportant and
it's hard to get accustomed to the fact you should actually read it
;-)

[after enabling JS]

The page load time is far from optimal, from my location image load
times (each 100kB-150kB) are between 400 and 2200 ms.

I'm also seeing some 404s in the trace:
URL=http://www.sioi.com.au/shop/images/bg_list_arrow.png
URL=http://www.sioi.com.au/shop/images/footer_item.gif
URL=http://www.sioi.com.au/shop/images/banners/slide_banner_02.jpg

Cheers,
--
Krzysztof KoÅciuszkiewicz
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -- Leonardo da Vinci