Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

2011/8/18 Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx>:

> Kai (and others), what do you think of this mockup?:
>
> http://wpsoftware.net/andrew/dump/mockup.png

Looks good. It resembles GtkTreeView and that raises a question - will
it still be possible to toggle visibility without changing the active
layer (moving the selection)? I also like the stronger visual
indication of currently active layer.

To me the size of layer color indication for hidden layers is too
small - for example its hard to tell difference between power and
outline.
So I would either increase the size or skip showing color for
invisible layers at all.

I assume graying out the last 4 layers has some meaning - they're not
selectable - but that's not immediately clear by looking at the
widget.

Cheers,
Krzysztof