Re: gEDA-user: Automatically start wire placement when you press the hotkey?

2011/8/11 Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Another thing that might make working with nets easier is it took fewer
> clicks to move vertices. ÂSimilar to how it is often irritating to have
> to (1) Click, (2) Pause, (3) Click+Drag a symbol to move it *,
> to move a line you have to click it, then click and drag either the
> line itself or one of its endpoints. Â...
>
> * I know about the 'm' key now and I do use it often, but it's still
> Âannoying to not be able to just click and drag a component in one
> Âsmooth action, as new users expect to be able to do.

The "click and drag" is also partiallty fixed:
http://git.gpleda.org/?p=gaf.git;a=commit;h=7f88749446b61493e881ad6aeb0a82f909a8c0d7

commit 7f88749446b61493e881ad6aeb0a82f909a8c0d7
Author: Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon Mar 21 22:51:23 2011 +0000

    gschem: Don't require select to drag objects

    This comes from watching users interacting with gschem and their
    clear expectations that objects can be dragged around the canvas
    without an explicit selection step first.

    When a mouse drag starts on non-selected object, starting dragging
    that object rather than forming a box selection.