Re: gEDA-user: Automatically start wire placement when you press the hotkey?

On Aug 11, 2011, at 5:48 AM, Krzysztof KoÅciuszkiewicz wrote:

> Author: Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>

>    This allows "magnetic net" mode to be used for the start-point of a net
>    as well as its end-point, whilst still being able to initiate net drawing
>    with the "n" key.

No, please, no. "Magnetic net mode" is a misfeature as far as I'm concerned: I always disable it. It's extremely prone to changing its mind in the milliseconds between the time I decide to click the mouse and the time I actually click it. And it never routes a net in a sensible way, so I mostly find myself holding down control when using it, so I can add midpoints in the right places.

The gschem UI is very efficient with its single key "switch modes *and* start an action" single-key accelerators. Please keep these intact.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx