Re: gEDA-user: Automatically start wire placement when you press the hotkey?

2011/8/11 Kai-Martin Knaak <knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> yamazakir2 wrote:
>
>> I had to redo my linux box so I installed a fresh copy of gschem from
>> git and it seems like the method of wire placement has changed. When i
>> press the wire hotkey, I have to click somewhere on the schematic
>> before I can start drawing the wire.
>
> I noticed the change, too.
> Is this a bug, or deliberate?
> If it is deliberate, what was the reason for the change?

The change was introduced with this commit:
http://git.gpleda.org/?p=gaf.git;a=commit;h=2197952617d42ccbe2355747ef48668c63ece30b

commit 2197952617d42ccbe2355747ef48668c63ece30b
Author: Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Wed May 11 18:06:20 2011 +0100

    gschem: Make the user click the first point when adding nets or buses

    This allows "magnetic net" mode to be used for the start-point of a net
    as well as its end-point, whilst still being able to initiate net drawing
    with the "n" key.

    I have updated buses as well in an effort not to have them diverge yet
    further in their behaviour.