Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds - summary

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 02:22:25AM +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Andrew Poelstra wrote:
>
> > I have implemented the italicized/separated
> > suggestion. You can see it here:
> >
> > http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/dump/mockup4.png
>
> Nice.
> I note, that the longest layer name is "solder mask". Why not shorten
> it to "mask" to save screen estate for the canvas?

I'd be cool with this, but "solder mask" is a well-known phrase
in the industry. It has a definition on Google and a Wikipedia
page.

"mask" has nowhere near the same information content. IMHO, it
is not worth the space savings. Maybe "s.mask" would be better?

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/